Edwin Winston A. Valientes, MA
Room No. 1324
University of the Philippines – Diliman
Tel:+63 (2) 981-8500 loc 2114
Mr. Valientes teaches introductory courses in Archaeology, Archaeology of Southeast Asia and Oceania, and Museology. He obtained his BA degree in Anthropology at UP Diliman and his MA degree in Archaeology at the UP Archaeological Studies Program. His research interests include ethnoarchaeology, household spaces and landscapes, cultural heritage, and the archaeology of the Batanes Islands. He served as the Director of the UP Anthropology Field School in 2010 and 2013 held in Barangay Chavayan, Sabtang Island, Batanes Province.
- 2011. Etnoarkeolohiya ng Pagpapalayok sa Tiwi, Albay. In Carlos Tatel (ed) Ethnographies of Disaster: The 2009 UP Anthropology Field School. Legazpi City: Aquinas University of Legazpi. Pp. 177-191
- Raising Local Cultural Heritage Consciousness through Archaeology Field School. 4th ACCU Nara/UNESCO International Correspondents Report. Pp. 11-13.
- The Batanes Archaeological Landscapes: Issues and Concerns. In Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Training Course on Cultural Heritage. Asian Cultural Cooperation for UNESCO, Nara, Japan. Pp. 207-215
- Analysis of Pottery Materials in the Baluarte Site, Lumang Bayan, San Teodoro, Oriental Mindoro. Test Pit (Chronicle of the UP-Archaeological Studies Program) No. 13
- (Co-author with Eusebio Dizon and Aya Ragragio). Burial or not? Archaeological Investigation of Pamayugan Boat-shape Markers in Itbayat Island, Batanes. Hukay (UP-ASP Journal for Southeast Asian Archaeology)12 (1)