Applicants must pass the UPCAT (UP College Admissions Test). Transferees from other UP units or other academic institutions must have a general weighted average (GWA) of 1.5 or better to shift to the anthropology program. A departmental committee may request applicants for other documents to determine their eligibility for transfer.
For M.A. Anthropology: Applicants should have a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent, with general weighted average (GWA) of 2.0 or better.
For Ph.D. Anthropology: Applicants should have a Master's Degree or its equivalent, with general weighted average (GWA) 0f 1.75 or better.
A letter of application should be sent to the Chair, Department of Anthropology, with the following documents:
- Two (2) copies of official transcript of academic records (undergraduate and graduate)
- A duly accomplished application form provided by the Department of Anthropology
- Three letters of recommendations from former professors/employers
- Two (2) passport size photos
- A bio-data
- A receipt of payment of application fee (Php. 100.00) for Filipino students; $25.00 for International students
- A certification of English proficiency of at least 500 TOEFL score for international students.
DEADLINE: May 30
For further information, please write or call:
Department of Anthropology
Rm. 3055, Faculty Center
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. No.: (632) 426-1454
- Application form for the Graduate Program (doc)
- Recommendation Form for Admission to the Graduate Program (pdf)